We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At Dohrmann Insurance, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
- 401K PLAN
With 4% company match
- PROFIT SHARING
8% of annual salary on average.
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
Generous PTO policy.
- MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE
100% company sponsored.
- WELLNESS PROGRAM
On-site gym, trainer and healthy snacks.
- TEAM BUILDING
Company sponsored team and family events.
If you want to do more than just the basic stuff, make your mark and go further in your career, this is the place. Take a look at our current openings and if you see a good fit, apply. We’d love to talk to you.
Dohrmann’s mission is to make the lives of the people we serve healthier, safer, and happier. For hundreds of businesses in Northern California – from wine grape and cherry growers, tech companies and non-profits, dentist and doctor’s offices, architects and schools, Dohrmann has been there to serve them since 1868. A 150-year-old startup that is leveraging IoT, wearables, data, technology and innovation to change the lives or our clients. Here at Dohrmann, we want to add people to our team whose values reflect our own: operating with integrity, putting the customer first, and making Dohrmann a great place to work. Come build something great with us.
Primary Job Purpose
- Management of an assigned block of business directly related to 1-2 Producers, primarily for client groups with 50+ lives.
- Expected Revenue of assigned book is $500,000+.
- Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, or, self-insured.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports.
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs.
- Calculating Employee Contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client’s budgetary requirements.
- Prepare annual client service plans.
- Assisting with preparation of Quarterly and Annual Experience Reports
- Assisting with or Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars.
- Collecting new client information and entering data into Benefit Point client management system.
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials, and compliance notices as required.
- Assisting client with Group Applications and policy termination notices.
- Maintain an action calendar for the Team(s).
- Relationship manager with client and carriers.
- Thorough documentation required on each account with proper E&O procedures strictly followed.
- Assist with the client 5500 processing and Open Enrollment/Client Meetings as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers.
- High School Graduate / College Degree Preferred.
- Two or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting.
- CA Life and Disability license required.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.